My Typical Breakfast

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 | with 38 comments »

My family and I eat croissant au beurre on Saturday and or Sunday morning (or on holiday). Some of french CDP participants may present croissant as their theme photo, make eat croissants not so typical anymore. This is my typical breakfast : Lebanese Baklava. I ate Baklava a lot. For some the quantity I have almost every day could be consider 'over dose'. I eat baklava for breakfast when I am too busy or when I am not in good mood. Because of too much eating baklava I ever got gestational diabetic during my last pregnancy, 2 years ago . Now thing back to normal so I could again have my "bad habit brekky", sometime.
Wanna have it with me ?
There are currently 100 CDP bloggers participate in this theme day today. Have a look what they have for breakfast : Saint Paul (MN), USA - Bellefonte (PA), USA - Menton, France - Monte Carlo, Monaco - New York City (NY), USA - Tel Aviv, Israel - Hyde, UK - Port Angeles (WA), USA - Mainz, GermanyStockholm, Sweden - Paderborn, Germany - Singapore, Singapore - Haninge, Sweden - Nottingham, UK - Ampang (Selangor), Malaysia - Manila, Philippines - Boston (MA), USA - Seoul, Korea - Singapore, Singapore - Joplin (MO), USA - Chandler (AZ), USA - Paris, France - Sequim (WA), USA - Greenville (SC), USA - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Boston (MA), USA - Chennai, India - Madison (WI), USA - Baton Rouge (LA), USA - Toulouse, France - Seattle (WA), USA - Mexico (DF), Mexico - La Antigua, Guatemala - Selma (AL), USA - Wassenaar (ZH), Netherlands - Albuquerque (NM), USA - Cleveland (OH), USA - San Diego (CA), USA - Lubbock (TX), USA - Jakarta, Indonesia - Sheki, Azerbaijan - Sydney, Australia - Mumbai, India - Seoul, South Korea - Cottage Grove (MN), USA - Cypress (TX), USA - Saarbrücken, Germany - Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina - New Orleans (LA), USA - Budapest, Hungary - Kyoto, Japan - Tokyo, Japan - Austin (TX), USA - Singapore, Singapore - Villigen, Switzerland - Montréal (QC), Canada - Stayton (OR), USA - Melbourne, Australia - Silver Spring (MD), USA - Moscow, Russia - Springfield (MO), USA - Inverness (IL), usa - Arlington (VA), USA - Cologne (NRW), Germany - Anderson (SC), USA - Oslo, Norway - Saint-Petersburg, Russian FederationManila, Philippines - Kajang (Selangor), Malaysia - Maple Ridge (BC), Canada - Bandung (West Java), Indonesia - Stavanger, Norway - Bastia, France - Hong Kong, China - Wailea (HI), USA - St. Louis (MO), USA - Chicago (IL), USA - Rabaul, Papua New Guinea - Sydney, Australia - Bucaramanga (Santander), Colombia - Kansas City (MO), USA - Grenoble, France - Paris, France - Evry, France - Saigon, Vietnam - Prague, Czech Republic - Cape Town, South Africa - Brookville (OH), USA - Brussels, Belgium - San Diego (CA), USA - Wellington, New Zealand - Newcastle (NSW), Australia - Saint Louis (MO), USA - Sharon (CT), USA - Shanghai, China - Zurich, Switzerland, Saint Paul (MN), USA - Bellefonte (PA), USA - Menton, France - Monte Carlo, Monaco - New York City (NY), USA - Tel Aviv, Israel - Hyde, UK - Port Angeles (WA), USA - Mainz, Germany - Stockholm, Sweden - Paderborn, Germany - Singapore, Singapore - Haninge, Sweden - Nottingham, UK - Ampang (Selangor), Malaysia - Manila, Philippines - Boston (MA), USA - Seoul, Korea - Singapore, Singapore - Joplin (MO), USA - Chandler (AZ), USA - Paris, France - Sequim (WA), USA - Greenville (SC), USA - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Boston (MA), USA - Chennai, India - Madison (WI), USA - Baton Rouge (LA), USA - Toulouse, France - Seattle (WA), USA - Mexico (DF), Mexico - La Antigua, Guatemala - Selma (AL), USA - Wassenaar (ZH), Netherlands - Albuquerque (NM), USA - Cleveland (OH), USA - San Diego (CA), USA - Lubbock (TX), USA - Jakarta, Indonesia - Sheki, Azerbaijan - Sydney, Australia - Mumbai, India - Seoul, South Korea - Cottage Grove (MN), USA - Cypress (TX), USA - Saarbrücken, Germany - Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina - New Orleans (LA), USA - Budapest, Hungary - Kyoto, Japan - Tokyo, Japan - Austin (TX), USA - Singapore, Singapore - Villigen, Switzerland - Montréal (QC), Canada - Stayton (OR), USA - Melbourne, Australia - Silver Spring (MD), USA - Moscow, Russia - Springfield (MO), USA - Inverness (IL), usa - Arlington (VA), USA - Cologne (NRW), Germany - Anderson (SC), USA - Oslo, Norway - Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation - Manila, Philippines - Kajang (Selangor), Malaysia - Maple Ridge (BC), Canada - Bandung (West Java), Indonesia - Stavanger, Norway - Bastia, France - Hong Kong, China - Wailea (HI), USA - St. Louis (MO), USA - Chicago (IL), USA - Rabaul, Papua New Guinea - Sydney, Australia - Bucaramanga (Santander), Colombia - Kansas City (MO), USA - Grenoble, France - Paris, France - Evry, France - Saigon, Vietnam - Prague, Czech Republic - Cape Town, South Africa - Brookville (OH), USA - Brussels, Belgium - San Diego (CA), USA - Wellington, New Zealand - Newcastle (NSW), Australia - Saint Louis (MO), USA - Sharon (CT), USA - Shanghai, China - Zurich, Switzerland - North Bay (ON), Canada - Lyon, France - Naples (FL), USA, Olympia (WA), USA

38 comments

  1. Gerald (SK14) // August 1, 2007 at 12:17 AM  

    Good to see you back after your holiday - will email you privately tomorrow

  2. Kate // August 1, 2007 at 12:59 AM  

    Your holiday breakfast is a picture in itself!!

  3. Denton // August 1, 2007 at 1:29 AM  

    Your "bad habit brekky" looks yummy ... I think the advice is "all things in moderation" ... The work put into preparing this plate of Balava appears to be significant. And the arrangement makes for a very impressive photo.

  4. Unknown // August 1, 2007 at 2:58 AM  

    I would love to try this. It just looks like a huge platter of goodies.

    Take care, eat in moderation :-)
    I think I have to remind myself that too.


    Happy Theme Day!

  5. Anonymous // August 1, 2007 at 5:50 AM  

    I could eat that for breakfast but I would be ridden with guilt afterwards. But then, it looks so delicious that I don't think I care. Yes, I'll have some - thank you!

  6. Lavenderlady // August 1, 2007 at 7:19 AM  

    I would love to have some of this with you!

  7. Sally // August 1, 2007 at 7:22 AM  

    I ADORE baklava - after dinner! I couldn't have all that sugar at breakfast. In fact, I can rarely face anything sweet at breakfast, not even a fan or jam. I'm a savoury kind of person ;-)

    The photo os one of the best shots of baklava I have ever seen. Will you save me some for after dinner????

  8. Carol E. // August 1, 2007 at 8:15 AM  

    I love baklava, but it is too rich for me for breakfast.

  9. travelphilippines // August 1, 2007 at 8:38 AM  

    oh yes i wanna have those.... french love croissant so much. last sunday i was able to saw on tv how to make croissant in a bakery in Laos.

  10. Jilly // August 1, 2007 at 8:51 AM  

    This looks delicious, but hey, not if it gives you diabetes! I'd love this with a strong espresso mid-morning.

  11. R&R // August 1, 2007 at 9:39 AM  

    That's a beautiful plate of baklava. Never thought of it as a breakfast food, but I guess it's no different than other pastries. Bon appetit!

  12. Anonymous // August 1, 2007 at 10:44 AM  

    Mmmmm.... It looks great! I like Baklava very much. We call it "Pakhlava", but it doesn't matter.

  13. Anonymous // August 1, 2007 at 11:06 AM  

    Honestly, it looks too pretty to eat.

    Brookville Daily Photo-Theme Day

  14. Beetle // August 1, 2007 at 12:00 PM  

    I love them too but not for breakfast but always as a snack which same 'a bad habit' too

  15. GMG // August 1, 2007 at 1:09 PM  

    I would surely love to have this wonderful baklava with you, though it would definitely ruin my diet intentions... Beautiful picture!

  16. Emilieee // August 1, 2007 at 1:49 PM  

    It looks delicious! I wonder how much time has been spent to put those Baklava altogether on the plate? :p
    I haven't tried baklava before. Would love to try it someday.

  17. Annie // August 1, 2007 at 2:47 PM  

    If I had baklava available I'd eat it often enough to get diabetes too. It's really quite easy to make but not easy to keep it around since everyone loves to eat it.

    I'm so glad you're back to normal again.

  18. Eric // August 1, 2007 at 3:03 PM  

    I love baklava too but it's really too rich. How many people did eat off this beautiful plate?

  19. Olivier // August 1, 2007 at 3:36 PM  

    je ne pourrais pas le manger, c'est une vraie oeuvre d'art.

  20. JaamZIN // August 1, 2007 at 5:39 PM  

    wonderful composition:)

  21. ~tanty~ // August 1, 2007 at 5:47 PM  

    Wow, menggoda sekali makanannya. Bisa minta resepnya?

  22. MumbaiiteAnu // August 1, 2007 at 7:07 PM  

    Lovely photo. Looks tempting.

  23. Felicia // August 1, 2007 at 7:51 PM  

    This is the most beautiful breakfast I've seen so far! And yummy too.

  24. Lessie // August 1, 2007 at 8:14 PM  

    I do I do I do! Such a pretty presentation! And sounds delicious!

  25. Kim // August 1, 2007 at 9:47 PM  

    A very sweet breakfast indeed! Yum. I can taste the honey and nuts now. Is it hard to come by good baklava in Toulouse? This looks really special!
    -Kim

  26. Marie // August 1, 2007 at 10:07 PM  

    I love baklava but I eat it very rarely, at the restaurant of my Lebanese/Syrian friends, "Le Sham", on la place du Nombre d'Or.

    I would not have it for breakfast either. I dont eat much in the morning.

  27. Fénix - Bostonscapes // August 2, 2007 at 12:02 AM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  28. Steve Buser // August 2, 2007 at 3:58 AM  

    Please post a picture of you pastry chef.
    --steve buser
    New Orleans Daily Photo

  29. Ann (MobayDP) // August 2, 2007 at 4:46 AM  

    LOL! I'll definitely be coming by your house for breakfast if I'm ever in Toulouse! :-D

    What a breakfast! Yum!

  30. Tomate Farcie // August 2, 2007 at 6:56 AM  

    Excuse me, but are you gonna eat ALL THAT by YOURSELF?!! Wow. That's pretty substantial breakfast, I'll say ;)

  31. Sunkyoung // August 2, 2007 at 7:13 AM  

    I've never heard of baklava but this looks so yummy. I think I could eat a half of them if I am really hungry. The way you put baklava on the plate is also lovely!

  32. BundaWAH // August 2, 2007 at 9:14 AM  

    Friends,
    Thank you for all your nice comments, questions, advises and thoughts.

    GE / Hyde DP : Yes I am back in 1 piece. Thanks for your help to publish my post while I was on holiday

    Denton & Keropok Man :
    I take your advise, eat in moderation (but sometime couldn't resist to eat lots of baklava or chocolate while surfing the net)

    Mme benaut, Lavenderlady come have some piece with me, i still have some stocks left.
    Mme Benaut : but not with Bintang i suppose ?

    Sally : Yes I will keep some for you for after dinner.

  33. BundaWAH // August 2, 2007 at 9:24 AM  

    Carol E : yes baklava very rich that's why I have some pieces when i was too busy to have complete breakfast. It give me enough energy until lunch time.

    Travelphillipines : you will have your parts.

    Jilly : my diabetes last only 2 months, it only gestational, sometimes happen at pregnant woman. But yes Baklava provoke it :)

    R&R : Baklava for b'fast its only me ... my bad habit.

    Kate : thanks for your info that russian call it Pakhlava.

  34. BundaWAH // August 2, 2007 at 9:37 AM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  35. BundaWAH // August 2, 2007 at 9:38 AM  

    Abbe Lincoln & Olivier : Yes its looks too pretty to eat but well I can't resist LOL

    Beetle & Annie : glad, I have friends with same "bad habit".

    Emily Lin : Try it, you'll love it.

    Eric : Strong coffee will help. How many people needed to finish this plate ? Just one : me !
    My family start to get bored with baklava so its only me who eat it.
    This plate finished in 3 days or maximum 1 week.

  36. BundaWAH // August 2, 2007 at 9:48 AM  

    Zsolt, Anu & Felicia : thanks for the compliments.

    Tanty : gak punya resepnya euy, ini stock dapat kiriman langsung dari Lebanon krn misoa selalu bisnis trip ke sana.

    Lessie : You'll have some pieces when you visit Toulouse.

    Kim : my stocks of Baklava are directly from Lebanon. My hubby go to Lebanon very often for bussiness and he always brought me some stocks. These are the same baklava they serve at Middle East Airlines

  37. BundaWAH // August 2, 2007 at 9:53 AM  

    Marie : I think -maybe - its only me whoe have baklava for breakfast.

    Fénix : Thanks for the nice dinner dishes. Looks so tempting.

    Steve Busher : I'll take his pic when I have a chance to visit Beirut again.

    Ann : please come, you are most welcome

  38. BundaWAH // August 2, 2007 at 10:00 AM  

    Tomate Farcie (hmm yummie, I love tomate farcie, nice dish for summer) : Yes I ate this by myself but not at once of course LOL

    Sunkyoung : No my friend, I don't think you could eat half of this at once. They are too rich, you mighyt stop after several pieces. Maybe I am wrong, but that was my experience.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to give some critics, sugestions, ideas, or simply question(s). I really appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails