This place when it was as Château d'eau or water tower was named after Capitoul Charles Laganne who in 1789 bequeathed 50 000 gold francs, so that water could become public property and accessible to all habitants of Toulouse. Today - Since 1974 - it is being widely renowned as a galery, museum and exhibition centre for photography and have new name : Galerie du chateau d'eau Jean Dieuzaide . It was Jean Dieuzaide who took the inisiatif to dedicate this place as photography gallery. This place is the first place in France dedicated to photography.

3 comments

  1. Kate // July 6, 2007 at 3:21 AM  

    We also have an old ater tower in our city which holds a great deal of fascination for th residents. How lucky for you that yours is now an art gallery. Any chance we could see the inside.

  2. Kate // July 6, 2007 at 3:22 AM  

    Supposed to read "water tower", but you knew that, didn't you!? Gotta start proofreading!!

  3. BundaWAH // July 6, 2007 at 11:45 PM  

    Kate, yes I understand.
    I'll make interior photos for you after I come back from my vacation (This Sunday my family and I are going to Lyon and Grenoble, traveling for 3 weeks or so).

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to give some critics, sugestions, ideas, or simply question(s). I really appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails